A super brief session from Nosara

According to clear outside, light pollution wise, the skies should be almost as good as Lake Sonoma. Unfortunately, this time of year at least, the skies are often overcast.

In the evening, I noticed stars from the bedroom. Between the trees and the overhanging roof over the terrace, only a tiny strip of sky can be seen from indoors. It is by design to keep the house shaded most of the day.

If you go outside, and stay low near the bannister, you can see more. But then you have to contend with the floodlights and the neighbors lights. 

Despite it all, I was able to see a bit of the night sky.

I could see plenty of stars and the Milky Way.

I saw Lyra, Cygnus, Hercules, and also Saturn. Jupiter was up but hidden by trees.

I brought out the 7x50 binoculars and briefly peeked at M13 (Great Hercules Cluster). 

If given another opportunity, I should maybe go to where the car is parked to see more of the sky and get away from the floodlights.