Moon rise (80% phase) was at 8:17pm, so did some EAA "early" before the Moon got too high in the sky.
I had made my first flat frames the day before by taking the telescope out late afternoon and using a white cloth on top of the tube. I had to stack 1ms frames, anything higher looked completely saturated.
The flats I took did show the vignetting so I was hopeful they would help.
Unfortunately they seem to turn the outside red. Maybe it had to do with the fact that the flat themselves looked bluish.
So I ended up doing EAA without flats with the FR at 0.75x. For vignetting, I made sure to center the targets and crop the pictures taken.
Observations:
- M45 Pleiades - Taurus
- MGC 1555 - Hind's variable nebula - just a hint of something near T Tauri
- C65 Sculptor Galaxy
- Mel 3 Globular Cluster - Sculptor
- C56 Skull Nebula - Cetus
- C62 Claw Galaxy - Cetus
- M77 Galaxy - Cetus
- NGC 1055 Galaxy - Cetus
- M33 Triangulum Galaxy
- M1 Crab Nebula
- Moon
 |
| M45 Pleiades |
 |
| NGC 1555 |
 |
| C65 Sculptor Galaxy |
 |
| Mel 3 |
 |
| C56 Skull Nebula |
 |
| C62 Claw Galaxy |
 |
| M77 |
 |
| NGC 1055 |
 |
| M33 Triangulum Galaxy |
 |
| M1 Crab Nebula |
 |
| Moon (80%) |