EAA with the full moon
Took the telescope out even though the moon was 96% full.
I wanted to try a couple of things:
- a script I wrote that watches the ASILive folder. As soon as an image is saved, it gets "plate solved" using ASTAP and if successful, the script remote controls Stellarium (over http) to point it to the same location with the sensor rectangle rotated accordingly.
- using ASICap with the 294MC (on the moon).
The script worked (except for some trouble with the rotation angle). I did some star hopping barely using the finder scope. Unfortunately with the full moon out, it was hard to stack anything. Stacking bright targets was dropping a lot of subs. Fainter targets were impossible to capture. I tried binning and using the FR (at 0.75x) with not much success.
ASICap worked fine. Of course, with the higher resolution of the 294MC, it takes longer capturing the same number of frames. And also post processing in Lynkeos takes longer. Lynkeos had trouble with the video taken with Barlow - I should have taken pics too.
Observations
- C65 Sculptor Galaxy
- Mel 3 Globular Cluster - Sculptor
- C70 Southern Pinwheel Galaxy - Sculptor - really low - located according to plate solving but could not see or stack
- NGC 474 Galaxy Group - Pisces - located according to plate solving but could not see or stack
- M45 Pleiades - Taurus
- Moon with 0.75 FR, no FR and Barlow