Taking advantage of the absence of Moon (moonrise after midnight) to do some EAA.
Tried to simulate "Sonoma conditions" by using the Telrad instead of the laser and a newly acquired portable power station instead of the power outlet on the house.
Thanks to the plate solver, using the Telrad was fine even though few stars are visible with the naked eye.
After two hours or so, the computer battery was almost empty, so I plugged it into the power station. I drained most of it to get the computer back to 80%. Then I drained the computer battery again in less than two hours. After four hours, I had to go back to the power outlet from the house.
I had trouble getting good pictures: maybe the seeing conditions were not that great and/or stacking at f/5 (no FR) is challenging (a lot of ignored frames). Also the tracking was not great, I did not change the anti-slip tape on the EQ platform, and the occasional slip introduced visible star trails in my stack.
For the first time, I used DeNoise AI by Topaz Labs to clean up the pictures afterwards.
Observations:
- NGC 772 Galaxy - Aries
- M74 Galaxy - Pisces
- C23 Silver Sliver Galaxy - Andromeda
- NGC 1023 Galaxy - Perseus
- NGC 925 - Amatha Galaxy - Triangulum
- M33 Triangulum Galaxy
- C51 Galaxy - Cetus - located according to plate solver - but could not see anything on stack
- NGC 488 Whiligig Galaxy - Pisces
- M1 Crab Nebula - Taurus
- C31 Flaming Star Nebula - Auriga
- NGC 1579 - Northern Triffid Nebula - Perseus
- C5 - Galaxy - Camelopardis
- C25 - Intergalactic Wanderer - Globular Cluster - Lynx
- M42 Great Orion Nebula and M43 de Mairan's Nebula
- NGC 1975 Running Man Nebula - Orion
- NGC 2024 Flame Nebula - Orion
- IC 434 Horse Head Nebula - Orion
- M78 Casper the Friendly Ghost Nebula - Orion
- M79 Globular Cluster - Lepus
- C49 Rosette Nebula - Monoceros
- IC 2169 - HII region - Monoceros - barely visible
 |
| NGC 772 |
 |
| M74 |
 |
| C23 Silver Sliver Galaxy |
 |
| NGC 1023 |
 |
| NGC 925 Amatha Galaxy |
 |
| M33 Triangulum Galaxy |
 |
| NGC 488 Whiligig Galaxy |
 |
| M1 Crab Nebula |
 |
| C31 Flaming Star Nebula |
 |
| NGC 1579 Northern Triffid Nebula |