Final attempt with the giant binoculars and the EZ mount

After last night success with the 12x70 on the EZ mount, I decided to give the giant binoculars another chance. I was hoping that movements could be smoother if they were better balanced. I also wanted to try them standing.

It took a while to put back all the weights etc. I started in the standing position, unfortunately, the 25x100 are quite longer than the 12x70 and as a result, even in the highest position, the eye pieces are not high enough when looking up. So I have to crouch a bit - not good. 

So I brought back the chair, and like last time, it's still a pain to maneuver.

I gave up, removed the extra weights and setup the 12x70 back on the amount and did a short session.

Observations:

  • M45 Pleiades - Taurus
  • C41 Hyades - Taurus
  • M42 Great Orion Nebula
  • NGC 2169 Little Pleiades Cluster - Orion
  • M36, M37, M38 Open Clusters - Auriga
  • M35 Open Cluster - Gemini
  • M34 Open Cluster - Perseus
  • M41 Little Beehive Cluster - Canis Major
  • M50 Open Cluster - Monoceros
  • M48 Open Cluster - Hydra
  • M44 Beehive Cluster - Cancer