Quick binocular session from Sea Ranch

I had expected this night to be overcast but lots of stars were visible when driving home around 10pm. So I went back out on the deck with the 12x70 and a low beach chair. Conditions started okay but transparency started degrading over the ocean and it was quite cold so I wrapped it up after less than a hour.

Observations:

  • M42 Great Orion Nebula
  • M78 Casper the Friendly Ghost Nebula - Orion
  • NGC 2169 Little Pleiades - Orion
  • M41 Little Beehive Cluster - Canis Major
  • C58 Caroline's Cluster - Canis Major
  • M46, M47 Open Clusters - Puppis
  • M50 Open Cluster - Monoceros
  • C50 Open Cluster - Monoceros
  • M44 Beehive Cluster - Cancer
  • M67 Golden Eye Cluster - Cancer
  • M35 Open Cluster - Gemini
  • M36, M37, M38 Open Clusters - Auriga
  • M51 Whirlpool Galaxy - Canes Venatici
  • M81 Bode's Galaxy, M82 Cigar Galaxy - Ursa Major
  • M3 Globular Cluster - Canes Venatici
  • M53 Globular Cluster - Coma Berenices