EAA with the full moon

Did some EAA again tonight starting around 9:45pm and going for about 2 hours. Today was the full moon, however the moon rise was at 9:24pm and it was hidden by hills and my neighbor's house the all time. 

I wanted to use the just discovered "custom" option in the "exposure time" drop down in ASILive. I took darks at 3s exposure and did 60x3s stacks for all my targets. 

I was toying with the motor speed often and also had to move the FWHM filter up and down repeatedly. I also had to manually revert frames here and here but with the 3s tempo, it was a bit more relaxed. 

Over all I think the results are pretty good given it's a full moon night.


Observations:

  • M100 Blowdryer Galaxy and NGC 4312 - Virgo Cluster - Coma Berenices
  • M88 Virgo Cluster Galaxy - Coma Berenices
  • M91 Virgo Cluster Galaxy - Coma Berenices
  • NGC 4302 and NGC 4298 - Pair Galaxies Virgo Cluster - Coma Berenices
  • M99 Virgo Cluster Pinwheel - Coma Berenices
  • M66 an M65 - Leo Triplet
  • NGC 3628 Hamburger Galaxy - Leo Triplet
  • M101 Pinwheel Galaxy
  • M51 Whirlpool Galaxy - Canes Venatici
  • M81 Bode's Galaxy and M82 Cigar Galaxy - Ursa Major


M100 Blowdryer Galaxy and NGC 4312

M88

M91

NGC 4302 and NGC 4298

M99

M66 and M65 - Leo Triplet

NGC 3628 Leo Triplet

M101 Pinwheel Galaxy

M51 Whirlpool Galaxy

M81 Bode's Galaxy and M82 Cigar Galaxy