New moon EAA
I did not go out yesterday despite clear skies because astro weather sites said seeing would be poor.
Seeing was predicted to be a bit better, so I decided to setup early for some EAA. I was also hoping to see meteors from the Tau-Herculids meteor shower.
Inspired by D's experiments, I decided to use only flat and bias calibration frames. Darks only matters for long exposure. And since bias and flat are not exposure dependent, I can pick any exposure time I want. So I did a lot of 2.5s exposure and tried 4s (with mixed results).
Observations:
- M13 Great Hercules Cluster (sky were still pretty bright)
- M92 Globular Cluster - Hercules
- M3 Globular Cluster - Canes Venatici
- M53 Globular Cluster - Coma Berenices
- M64 Black Eye Galaxy - Coma Berenices
- M5 Rose Cluster - Serpens
- NGC 5846, NGC 5850 Galaxies - Virgo
- NGC 5774, NGC 5775 Galaxies - Virgo
- Polaris - could not separate Polaris A from B
- C1 Polarissima Cluster - Cepheus
- NGC 5906 Splinter Galaxy - Draco
- M102 Spindle Galaxy - Draco
- M101 Pinwheel Galaxy - Ursa Major
- M57 Ring Nebula Lyra - without FR
- M13 Great Hercules Cluster - again, this time without FR
- M101 Pinwheel Galaxy - again, this time without FR
- Tau Herculids - meteor shower - caught a nice one while stacking but hit revert frame, waited some more and caught another one (see below), also saw one with the naked eye - not easy to catch meteors given the small field given by the camera
- C27 Crescent Nebula - Cygnus
- M56 Globular Cluster - Lyra
![]() |
| M13 Great Hercules Cluster |
![]() |
| M92 |
![]() |
| M3 |
![]() |
| M53 |
![]() |
| M64 Black Eye Galaxy |
![]() |
| M5 Rose Cluster |
![]() |
| NGC 5846 and NGC 5850 (left) - 2.5x72 |
![]() | |
|
![]() |
| NGC 5774 and NGC 5775 (left) |
![]() |
| Polaris |
![]() |
| C1 Polarissima Cluster |
![]() |
| NGC 5906 Spindle Galaxy |
![]() |
| M102 Spindle Galaxy |
![]() |
| M101 Pinwheel Galaxy - 80x2.5s |
![]() |
| M57 Ring Nebula - no FR |
![]() |
| M13 Great Hercules Cluster - no FR |
![]() |
| M101 Pinwheel Galaxy - 60x2s - no FR |
![]() |
| A meteor from Tau Herculids! |
![]() |
| C27 Crescent Nebula |
![]() |
| M56 |



















