A short and disappointing EAA session

Conditions were predicted to be pretty good on various sites but ended up being disappointing. I had prepared a list of interesting targets in/around Scorpius and Cygnus but got a few awful pictures.

I got a FWHM of 10 on my first target with subs of 1s. Noticing it was breezy, I decided to relocate the telescope closer to the house.

Later I went after some difficult nebulas in Scorpius but between the vignetting and dust rings, it was hard to tell whether I was actually seeing anything. 

At that point, the neighbor turned on a bright light in their top floor, straight at me, so I decided to pack up. I probably stayed just an hour or so outside.

Observations

  • M57 Ring Nebula - Lyra
  • NGC 5892 Galaxy - Libra - barely visible
  • M5 Rose Cluster - Serpens
  • NGC 5964 Galaxy - Serpens - barely visible
  • vdB 101, 102 and 103 - reflection nebula
  • IC 4604 - Rho Ophiuchi Nebula - bipolar nebula - Ophiuchus
  • IC 4603 - HII region - Ophiuchus

M57 Ring Nebula

NGC 5892 :-(

M5 Rose Cluster

NGC 5964 :-(

vdB 101, 102 and 103 (right to left)

IC 4604 - Rho Ophiuchi Nebula

IC 4603