Imaging the Moon and the planets with the Mak

Pretty late (10:30pm) I decided to go out with the Mak.

I started with the Moon (88% full) then moved to Saturn (only 6 degrees away from the moon - but that does not matter when imaging planets) and then Jupiter.

I imaged all three without focal reducer or focal extender. 

Then I installed the OCA and tried different rings but could not see a big difference visually. 

Finally I remembered the Dobs came with a basic plastic Barlow so I decided to try that. It increased Jupiter diameter from 58x to 130px (2.25x) and the resulting pictures were actually not too bad.



Moon (20% of 89 frames)

Saturn (20% of 5138 frames)

Jupiter (20% of 5101 frames)

Saturn (20% of 5031 frames) - cheap Barlow

Jupiter and Io (20% of 4109 frames) - cheap Barlow

Jupiter and Io - Stellarium