More EAA with the Dobs and the 678MC

Took advantage of the clear night with no moon (10% phase) to take out the Dobs with the 678MC camera. 

I started with the FR installed and imaged M75 Globular Cluster and NGC 6818 Little Gem Nebula both in Sagittarius.

Then I spent some time on the Jupiter and Saturn, this time with the Barlow.

I removed the Barlow and tried to locate Neptune but failed because plate solving was not succeeding. 

Then moved on to C44 Superman Galaxy in Pegasus. It was still failing a lot but I managed to find it anyway. It could not find matching triangles so I could not live stack. I selected the options to save the single frames and tried to stack in ASIDeepStack but it also failed because it could not automatically align the frames. Then I captured a movie in FireCapture and managed to stack it in Siril (by manually selecting stars for registration) and in Lykeos. But in both cases, the galaxy was really faint. Probably no surprising since 1s frame at F/5 with the 678MC is equivalent to 1 / (4.7/2*4/3)^2 = 0.1s with the 294MC with FR.

I went back to Jupiter without the Barlow this time to image the Great Red Spot.

While packing up, I saw Mars low on the horizon.


M75 30x1s (FR)

NGC 6818 Little Gem Nebula 50% of 121 frames x 850ms (FR)

NGC 6818 Little Gem Nebula 20x1s (FR)

Jupiter and Europa 20% of 3075 frames x 1ms (Barlow)

Saturn 20% of 10112 frames x 11.5ms (Barlow)

Jupiter and Europa 20% of 10199 frames x 1ms (Barlow)

Jupiter 20% of 5401 frames x 1 ms