Visual with the Mak + binoviewers + EQ platform

With clear skies and the moon 74% full, I decided to try the Mak + binoviewers + EQ platform.
The platform makes observing SSOs more pleasant even if the tripod is precariously sitting on top of it. Also I can power the EQ platform with my phone so no need to take out the laptop.

Observations:

  • Moon: observed L1-L40 (from the Lunar 100 list) except for the ones beyond the terminator. I had trouble seeing:
    • L2 Earthshine (was easy to see a week ago when moon was just a crescent)
    • L16 Petavius (hard to make out), 
    • L29 Aridareus Rille - didn't realize I should look for the rille, saw the crater,
    • L35 Triesnecker Rilles - the angle of the light probably matters,
    • L40 Janssen Rille - light angle again probably important.
  • Saturn: could "see" equatorial band but not the Cassini division.
  • Jupiter and its four moons: nice  views of the two bands, could see a fine line below and color at the top.
  • Mars (very low ~15deg altitude): no visible features.