Binocular Session from Toulouse

I went out on the balcony with the 7x50 binoculars while in Toulouse.

The banister was actually a wall and I was sitting on a low stool to block direct light from the street. With the ceiling over me and not being on a reclining chair, I could not look to far up.

The sky was clear of clouds but with light-pollution wise it was similar to San Francisco.

Observations:

Naked eye

  • Mars
  • Jupiter


7x50

  • M41 Little Beehive Cluster - Canis Major
  • M42 Great Orion Nebula
  • M50 Open Cluster - Monoceros
  • Located but could not see M79 Globular Cluster - Lepus
  • M44 Beehive Cluster - Cancer
  • M45 Pleiades - Taurus
  • Located but could not see M67 Open Cluster - Cancer
  • M48 Open Cluster - Hydra - barely
  • Located but could not see M46 Open Cluster - Puppis
  • M47 Open Cluster - Puppis
  • C41 Hyades
  • Located but could not see C64 Open Cluster - Canis Major
  • M93 Open Cluster - Puppis - barely
  • Located but could not see M78 Nebula - Orion