Visual observation of Comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF)
According to Stellarium, the comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF) would be at its brighest (5.40) tonight and also at a convenient location in the sky to observe.
First I used my various binoculars: I was able to see it with the 7x50 and the 12x70 but not the 2x41.
Then I took the Maktusov out with the 0.63x FR and the Binoviewers (without OCA).
I observed the comet for a little while (little fuzzy spot / no color / no tail).
Then I went through a few classic targets:
- M42 Great Orion Nebula - Trapezium clearly separated
- M41 Little Beehive Cluster - Canis Major
- M44 Beehive Cluster - Cancer
- Moon 83% phase
- Mars tiny at 41x
- M45 Pleiades
- M34 Open Cluster Perseus
- C14 Double Cluster Perseus
I went back to the comet with the OCA and then the Baader Zoom.