More EAA with raiser
I went back out without any anti-slip tape, hoping that with the additional weight on the rotating axis from the angle of the raiser, metal on metal would not slip.
In addition to lining up the platform with the north, I took some 30s pictures and tried to adjust the speed to make the stars as round as possible. It looked decent at that point.
I pointed south and tried to image nebulas in Sagittarius before they are no longer visible from my yard. It was challenging: stars kept "jumping around" (maybe from the platform slipping or the wind) but as a result the 5s frames did not look very good (very high FWHM). On top of that, the 3/4 moon was just 20 degrees away in the sky.
After that, I took the upper part of the platform inside and installed the anti-slip tape that came with it.
When I went back out, I tried imaging the North America Nebula, but there was still a lot of "jumping around" - so maybe it was the wind. I only managed to stack by switching to bin2.
Then I tried planetary nebulas (M27 and M57) with many short subframes (100x0.5s).
After that I called it a night.
Observations
- M16 Eagle Nebula - Serpens
- M17 Omega Nebula - Sagittarius
- M20 Trifid Nebula - Sagittarius
- M8 Lagoon Nebula - Sagittarius
- C20 North America Nebula - Cygnus
- M57 Dumbbell Nebula - Vulpecula
- M27 Ring Nebula - Lyra
![]() |
| M16 Eagle Nebula 36x5s |
![]() |
| M17 Omega Nebula - 36x5s |
![]() |
| M20 Trifid Nebula - 36x5s |
![]() |
| M8 Lagoon Nebula - 36x5s C20 North America Nebula - 48x5s |
![]() |
| M57 Dumbbell Nebula - 100x0.5s |
![]() |
| M27 Ring Nebula - 100x0.5s |






