More EAA with filters

We lost power and could not prepare dinner so I setup early. I took a break when power came back two hours later and resumed afterwards. 

I had some issue with the hardware - I should have replaced the anti-slip tape. And also at times the EQ platform would disconnect from the Mobile app that controls it. It was not the first times, but it happened multiple times tonight. On top of that, I realized the plate solving script is no longer getting the rotation angle for the FOV right. I recently upgraded ASTAP and maybe something changed. It causes the speed adjustment recommendations during polar align to be all over the place.

During the day I had refactored my stacking script to allow calibration frames so I started the session by making some dark and bias calibration frames. They did not seem to change much during live stacking - and later when I used them with my stacking script, there was also no visible improvements to the images.

I made stacks with the L-Enhance and other with the L-Pro. I did some with no FR and some with the FR at 0.75x. The sky was clear like the previous nights but maybe the seeing was not as good. The tracking was also a bit off and some targets ended up being quite difficult. Some were kind of visible during live stacking but all washed out after running the stacking script. I ended up playing with some of the auto-stretching parameters to get slightly better results.

Observations

  • IC 1396 Elephant Trunk Nebula - FR / L-Enh - Cepheus
  • M57 Ring Nebula - Lyra - no FR / L-Enh 
  • M27 Dumbbell Nebula - Vulpecula - no FR / L-Enh 
  • NGC 6823 Nebula - Vulpecula - no FR / L-Enh 
  • C27 Crescent Nebula - Cygnus - no FR / L-Enh 
  • SH2-101 Tulip Nebula - Cygnus - no FR / L-Enh 
  • C15 Blinking Planetary Nebula - Cynus - no FR / L-Enh  - too bright - tried lower gain but still could not make out details
  • Tried and failed to see vdB 17 Embryo Nebula in Perseus - too dim and too low
  • C63 Helix Nebula - Aquarius - no FR / L-Enh  - had trouble stacking - maybe too low in the sky
  • NGC 281 Pacman Nebula - Cassiopeia - FR / L-Enh 
  • IC 59 and IC 63 Gamma Cas Nebula - Cassiopeia - FR / L-Enh  - IC 59 not really visible
  • SH2-170 Little Rosette Nebula - Cassiopeoia - FR / L-Enh  - barely visible in stack but was slightly more visible in live stack
  • M45 Pleiades - Taurus - FR / L-Pro - some nebulosity but some might be is artifact of the subsky command 
  • M74 Phantom Galaxy - Pisces - FR / L-Pro - barely visible - maybe the L-Pro drops too much light or it was too low
  • M33 Triangulum Galaxy - FR / L-Pro - better than earlier this week but again the subsky command created suspicious bright areas
  • M31 Great Andromeda Galaxy / M32 - FR / L-Pro - again subsky struggling separating the bright galaxy and the vignetting
  • M110 Galaxy - Andromeda - FR / L-Pro 
  • C18 Galaxy - Cassiopeia - FR / L-Pro - not much to see
  • C23 Silver Sliver Galaxy - Andromeda - FR / L-Pro - not bad


IC 1396 Elephant Trunk Nebula 34x5s


M57 Ring Nebula 31x1s

M27 Dumbbell Nebula 58x2s

NGC 6823 70x3s

C27 Crescent Nebula 65x3s

SH2-101 Tulip Nebula 77x3s

C15 Blinking Planetary Nebula 31x1s

C63 Helix Nebula 33x2.5s

NGC 281 Pacman Nebula 58x3s

IC 59 and IC 63 Gamma Cas Nebula 55x5s

SH2-170 Little Rosette Nebula 42x5s

M45 Pleiades 60x3s

M74 Phantom Galaxy 12x3s

M33 Triangulum Galaxy 39x3s

M31 and M32 Galaxies 46x3s

M110 Galaxy 34x3s

C18 Galaxy 33x3s

C23 Silver Sliver Galaxy 36x3s