Almost first light with the ASI Zwo 533mm

I got a new camera (a ASI ZWO 533 MM Pro) a little while back. But the sky had not been good until recently.

The last couple of nights looked decent but I did not go out because the seeing was supposed to be better tonight. The sky was clear the whole day. So around 9pm, I decided to go out. Once it was time to setup the camera, I realized I did not have the right cable to power the camera (they are not included !!) but hoped I could still use it without cooling. But ASI Live would not detect the camera at all. A quick Google search confirmed that power was required to work with the camera :-(

I decided to switch to the 294MC but unfortunately clouds started moving in!!

I still attempted a stack of M81 Bode's Galaxy in Ursa Major - through the clouds. Needless to say the result was rather poor.


M81 Bode's Galaxy - 186x2s - through the clouds !!