First EAA of Summer
We had beautiful weather all day so I decided to go out. I had not been out in months and would probably not get another chance until August. Because it was the (second) longest day of the year, I started late, setting up after 10pm. I stayed for about 2 1/2 hours imaging some galaxies and a number of globular clusters as well. I used the FR at 0.75 and the L-Enhance Quad filter. I only took flat calibration frames. Platform alignment was pretty good (very little drift) but unfortunately my focus was not great throughout the session.
Observations:
- M101 Pinwheel Galaxy - Ursa Major
- M51 Whirlpool Galaxy - Canes Venatici
- NGC 5395 Heron Galaxy - Canes Venatici
- M3 Globular Cluster - Canes Venatici
- NGC 5466 Snowglobe Cluster - Bootes
- M63 Sunflower Galaxy - Canes Venatici
- M57 Ring Nebula - Lyra
- M56 Globular Cluster - Lyra
- M92 Globular Cluster - Hercules
- NGC 5906 Splinter Galaxy - Draco
- M102 Spindle Galaxy - Draco
- M4 Crab Globular Cluster - Scorpio
- M19 Globular Cluster - Ophiuchus
- M62 Flickering Globular Cluster
- NGC 6356 / Mel 171 Globular Cluster - Ophiuchus
- M9 Globular Cluster - Ophiuchus
- M107 Crucifix Globular Cluster - Ophiuchus
- M10 Globular Cluster - Ophiuchus
- M12 Gumball Globular Cluster - Ophiuchus
![]() |
| M101 Pinwheel Galaxy - 59x6s |
![]() |
| M51 Whirlpool Galaxy - 48x6s |
![]() |
| NGC 5395 Heron Galaxy - 48x6s |
![]() |
| M3 - 70x2s |
![]() |
| NGC 5466 Snowglobe Cluster - 36x3s |
![]() |
| M63 Sunflower Galaxy - 45x6s |
![]() |
| M57 Ring Nebula - 34x3s |
![]() |
| M56 - 45x3s |
![]() |
| M92 - 46x3s |
![]() |
| NGC 5906 Splinter Galaxy - 38x6s |
![]() |
| M102 Spindle Galaxy - 21x6s |
![]() |
| M4 Crab Cluster - 20x3s |
![]() |
| M19 - 19x3s |
![]() |
| M62 Flickering Cluster - 18x3s |
![]() |
| Mel 171 - 18x3s |
![]() |
| M9 - 17x3s |
![]() |
| M107 Crucifix Cluster - 20x3s |
![]() |
| M10 - 23x33s |
![]() |
| M12 Gumball Cluster - 17x3s |


















