Comet Lemmon with binoculars
We had clear skies all day and comet Lemmon (C/2025 A6) was predicted to be at its brightest tonight or tomorrow. I went out to the reservoir a little bit after the sunset to catch a sight of the comet before it got too low. I took all my binoculars with me, the 2x, the 7x50 and the 12x70. I was unable to see the comet with the naked eyes or the 2x but could locate it with the 7x50. It looked like a nebulous blob. With the 12x70 it was bit better and I dare say that I could kind of see the beginning of the tail.
I did not stay out very long but I observed a few more targets with the 12x70:
- M13 Great Hercules Cluster - not as bright as the comet
- M22 Great Sagittarius Cluster
- M7 Ptolemee Open Cluster
- M8 Lagoon Nebula
- M20 Trifid Nebula
- M24 Small Sagittarius Star Cloud.